- About Us
- Seventeenth Sunday after Pentecost, September 15, 2013
- Ninth Sunday after Pentecost, July 21, 2013
- 4th Sunday after Pentecost – June 16, 2013
- Trinity Sunday – May 26, 2013
- Pentecost – May 19, 2013
- The 5th Sunday of Easter – April 28, 2013
- Third Sunday of Easter – April 14, 2013
- Easter Sunday – April 8, 2013
- Palm Sunday – March 24, 2013
- Fourth Sunday of Lent – March 10, 2013
- Third Sunday of Lent – March 3, 2013
- The Baptism of our Lord – January 13, 2013
- Third Sunday of Advent – December 16, 2012
- Sermon on 9/11 – September 11, 2011
- The Syrophoenician Woman – 9-9-12
- Eighth Sunday after Pentecost – July 22, 2012
- Fifth Sunday after Pentecost – July 1, 2012
- Many Paths – May 6, 2012
- An Unexplained Absence – April 15, 2012
- Easter Sunday – April 8, 2012
- Easter Vigil – April 7, 2012
- First Sunday of Lent, 2012 – February 26, 2012
- The Transfiguration – February 19, 2012
- The Calling of Nathanael – January 15, 2012
- Feast of the Holy Innocents – January 1, 2012
- 22nd Sunday after Pentecost – October 16, 2011
- Twelfth Sunday after Pentecost – September 4, 2011
- God has a sense of humor – August 21, 2011
- Liturgy of Thanksgiving – July 31, 2011
- Palm Sunday, 2011 – April 17, 2011
- Lazarus – April 10, 2011
- Christmas 2010 – December 25, 2010
- Third Sunday of Advent – December 12, 2010
Every week, Holy Innocents members volunteer to be a part of the liturgy of our community by serving on the rota. There are spots for people who have been trained in certain ministries and positions for people who have no formal training, but a desire to serve.
You can find a link to the current rota by clicking here. It will open a Google Doc.
Positions that require no training are:
- Reader: At 9 we read one selection from the Hebrew Scriptures; at 11 we read from the Hebrew Scriptures and from an Epistle
- Prayers of the People: At both services, we engage God and our Community in prayers for our World, for the Church, and for our Congregation. You are invited to participate in this ministry, which is printed in the bulletin each week.
- Usher / Greeter: At both services, we like to designate a person or a family who will arrive 15 minutes before service to hand out bulletins, greet visitors, and assist with seating people as they arrive. The Ushers also help direct ‘traffic’ at Communion, and bring forward the gifts at the Offertory.
- Toller: at the 11 o’clock we designate someone to ring the bell to gather the community, and also to signify the moments of consecration during the Eucharist. There are printed instructions next to the bell rope, and anyone, of any age or strength can participate in this ministry.
- Hospitality: Every week following each service, families, individuals, or groups put out hospitality to enjoy during coffee hour. All are encouraged to sign up for at least one Sunday, but everyone is always invited to attend.
There are also a few positions on the rota which require some training.
- Acolytes: These volunteers assist at the altar and sit with the Altar Party at the 11 AM Service. They carry the lights at the Procession and Recession and at the Gospel. Ask any MC how to become involved with this fun ministry.
- Youth Acolyte/s: At the 9 AM Service, one or two youth assist the MC and the Priest at Communion. All Youth 9 and older are invited to participate in this ministry, and should speak with Bertie, Marcus, or any MC to get training.
- MC: The Master of Ceremonies is responsible for ensuring that everyone scheduled to serve is present and trained and ready. The MC is the chief assistant at the Alter, filling the role of Sub-Deacon. See any MC if you are interested in filling this duty.
- Healing Minister: At the 11 AM Service, we offer the laying on of hands and administration of consecrated oil for healing. Many members of our congregation take part in this essential teaching of the Church.
- Offertory Counter: After each service, members of the Bishop’s Committee, Finance Committee, or the Altar Party count the offering. This is not an open ministry, but if you have a call to help on the Finance Committee or work on Stewardship, please contact Richard Mills or Sarah Klapec.
To see the choir schedule, click here to open the google doc.